Volunteers play a vital role in helping Dupont Hospital team members carrying out the hospital's mission of creating a 5-star experience for everyone who enters the doors. Volunteers provide support to staff and service to patients and their families. In return, Dupont Hospital offers numerous benefits to volunteers in appreciation of their support.
- Complimentary meal on volunteer days
- Gift shop discount
- Invitation to the annual picnic
- Recognition luncheon for all volunteers
- Award pins symbolizing accumulated volunteer hours
- Invitation to the Dupont Hospital Christmas celebration and a gift
What do Volunteers Do?
Dupont Hospital offers many diversified opportunities that allow volunteers to use their skills. Some typical responsibilities include:
- Staffing reception desks
- Delivering flowers and mail to guests
- Assisting in the surgery check in area
- Assisting guests in the medical/surgical areas as a patient advocate
- Cashiering in the gift shop
- Stocking supplies and helping with desk work in clinical areas
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone 16 years of age or older can volunteer. Volunteers must be able to perform the assigned tasks responsibly, follow directions and act appropriately in a hospital setting. Volunteers typically commit to at least one four-hour shift per week.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Teens aged 16-18, click here to download and print a volunteer application.
- Adults aged 18 and older, click here to download and print a volunteer application.
Once you've completed this application, please mail it to:
Att: Carmen Ballard
2520 East Dupont Road
Fort Wayne, IN
You can also call (260) 416-3008 and request an application, which will be mailed to you. Once your information has been received, you will be called and an interview scheduled.
Dupont Hospital volunteers are required to:
- Submit to a background check if age 18 or older.
- Complete two free TB tests and a drug screen at Health Services.
- Attend orientation, which includes signing a confidentiality statement and taking a take-home HIPAA (health information) quiz.
- Volunteers born after 1956 must present documentation of two MMRs or immunity to measles (rubella and rubeola).
- Buy a uniform, and keep the receipt.
Volunteering is a great experience for volunteers, team members and guests. Dupont Hospital appreciates the hard work and commitment of its volunteers. Come join us!